Funding for Contemporary Music in South Australia is facilitated by the Music Development Office, and delivered through the Dept for Innovation & Skills.
Full details in the HANDBOOK.
Funding is made available to:
- Strengthen the South Australian contemporary music sector through long-term strategies that build on its national and international reputation and that are acknowledged with pride at home.
- Support emerging professional and professional South Australia-based artists to create quality original music and live performance opportunities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Assist in the development and sustainability of South Australia-based, nationally focused music businesses that support local artist career development.
The Contemporary Music Grant program is divided into two areas of focus: Artist Development and Industry Development:
- Artist Development Grants provide funding for artist and audience development and the creation of original South Australian music.
- Industry Development Grants aim to support local music businesses to establish and strengthen sustainable partnerships and collaborative projects that support and develop the careers of professional musicians and contribute to a buoyant SA music sector.
If you are interested in applying for a new grant through the Contemporary Music Grant Program, in the first instance please read the FAQs for the program, then download the essential HANDBOOK for the round.
NEXT ROUNDS 2019-20:
Round opens: Monday 8 July 2019
Application deadline: Monday 12 August 2019
Projects can start from: 01 October 2019
Categories: Recording, Touring, Marketing, Skills & Development, Festivals & Events, Strategic Partnerships, Jon Lemon Artist in Residence
Information Session: Monday 29 July 2019, 5.30pm SHARP @ St Paul’s Creative Centre. Eventbrite RSVPs open 8 July.
Round opens: Monday 4 November 2019
Application deadline: Monday 9 December 2019
Projects can start from: 01 March 2020
Categories: Recording, Touring, Marketing, Skills & Development, Festivals & Events, Jon Lemon Artist in Residence
Information Session: Monday 25 November 2019, 5.30pm SHARP @ St Paul’s Creative Centre. Eventbrite RSVPs open 4 November.
Elizabeth Reid, Program Officer, Music Development Office: 08 7320 3307, firstname.lastname@example.org.