We know many of you, particularly artists, sole traders and small businesses, are feeling the impact of COVID-19. The Music Development Office has been working on ways to support you.
To ensure the South Australian music industry can continue to develop, create and connect during this time, we have reconfigured our current grant round. The new Music Development Office Project Support Grants will provide financial contributions to support artists and music businesses.
These grants open Wednesday 8th April, 2020 and will close on Friday 17th April, 2020.
Funding for Contemporary Music in South Australia is facilitated by the Music Development Office, and delivered through the Dept for Innovation & Skills.
Contemporary music funding for organisations supports programs and activities that provide accessible development pathways for South Australian professional artists and industry representatives. For details, contact Laura Vozzo, Manager, Creative Industries. email@example.com
NEXT ROUNDS 2020: See above (re: new grants)
Funding is made available to:
- Strengthen the South Australian contemporary music sector through long-term strategies that build on its national and international reputation and that are acknowledged with pride at home.
- Support emerging professional and professional South Australia-based artists to create quality original music and live performance opportunities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Assist in the development and sustainability of South Australia-based, nationally focused music businesses that support local artist career development.
The Contemporary Music Grant program (Projects) is divided into two areas of focus: Artist Development and Industry Development:
- Artist Development Grants provide funding for artist and audience development and the creation of original South Australian music.
- Industry Development Grants aim to support local music businesses to establish and strengthen sustainable partnerships and collaborative projects that support and develop the careers of professional musicians and contribute to a buoyant SA music sector.
If you are interested in applying for a new grant through the Contemporary Music Grant Program (Projects), in the first instance please read the FAQs for the program, then download the essential handbook for the round (when available).
Elizabeth Reid, Program Manager, Music Development Office: 08 7320 3307, firstname.lastname@example.org.