Funding for Contemporary Music in South Australia is facilitated by the Music Development Office, and delivered through the Dept for Industry & Skills.
Funding is made available to:
- Strengthen the South Australian contemporary music sector through long-term strategies that build on its national and international reputation and that are acknowledged with pride at home.
- Support emerging professional and professional South Australia-based artists to create quality original music and live performance opportunities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Assist in the development and sustainability of South Australia-based, nationally focused music businesses that support local artist career development.
The Contemporary Music Grant program is divided into two areas of focus: Artist Development and Industry Development:
- Artist Development Grants provide funding for artist and audience development and the creation of original South Australian music.
- Industry Development Grants aim to support local music businesses to establish and strengthen sustainable partnerships and collaborative projects that support and develop the careers of professional musicians and contribute to a buoyant SA music sector.
If you are interested in applying for a new grant through the Contemporary Music Grant Program, in the first instance please read the FAQs for the program, then download the essential HANDBOOKS for the appropriate category here. Please note, handbooks are being updated for the next round (April 2019), and new versions will be available closer to opening date.
NEXT ROUND 2019:
Categories: Recording, Touring, Marketing, Skills & Development, Festivals & Events, Strategic Partnerships
Round opens: Monday 1 April 2019
Application deadline: Monday 29 April 2019
Projects can start from: 01 July 2019
Information Session: Thursday 11 April 2019, 5.30pm SHARP @ St Paul’s Creative Centre. RSVP essential via EventBrite (link coming soon).
Elizabeth Reid, Program Officer, Music Development Office: 08 7320 3307, firstname.lastname@example.org.
View previous recipients of Contemporary Music grants here (link coming soon).