Funding for Contemporary Music in South Australia is facilitated by Arts South Australia and is made available to:
- Strengthen the South Australian contemporary music sector through long-term strategies that build on its national and international reputation and that are acknowledged with pride at home.
- Support emerging professional and professional South Australia-based artists to create quality original music and live performance opportunities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Assist in the development and sustainability of South Australia-based, nationally focused music businesses that support local artist career development.
The Contemporary Music Grant program is divided into two areas of focus: Artist Development and Industry Development:
- Artist Development Grants provide funding for artist and audience development and the creation of original South Australian music.
- Industry Development Grants aim to support local music businesses to establish and strengthen sustainable partnerships and collaborative projects that support and develop the careers of professional musicians and contribute to a buoyant SA music sector.
If you are interested in applying for a new grant through the Contemporary Music Grant Program, in the first instance please read the FAQs for the program, then visit Arts South Australia’s pages for the Contemporary Music Grant Program here.
2018 Closing Dates:
5PM 14 May 2018, 5PM 06 Aug 2018, 5PM 10 Dec 2018
01 Jul 2018, 01 Oct 2018, 01 Mar 2019
View previous recipients of Contemporary Music grants here.