The annual Robert Stigwood Fellowships provide intensive mentoring and professional development to local musicians and industry entrepreneurs, and helps them forge global connections. The 2018 Robert Stigwood Fellowship Program is supporting five South Australian artists and three local entrepreneurs:
2018 Artist Fellows are:
- Paradise Club – Mid 90’s inspired indie rock with a touch of emo
- Jess Day – Glorious, emotion-infused acoustic pop
- Wing Defence – Fun and edgy take on indie pop
- Sleep talk – Post Hardcore with a dash of Alternative Rock
- Mario Spate – Electronic soundscapes and film score atmosphere
2018 Industry Fellows are:
- Alice Fraser – Tour managing Company
- Planet Shhh – Management Team
- Hobbledehoy Records – Record Label
There are two elements to the Stigwood Fellowship Program:
- Industry Fellows, in which Stuart MacQueen of boutique Australian music company Wonderlick Entertainment mentors emerging South Australian music industry entrepreneurs who are working in music management or other areas of artist representation; and
- Artist Fellows, which tailors programs to the needs of the participating artists and may include song writing, production, business skills, marketing and public relations, and attendance at conferences and high-level industry meetings.
Named after Adelaide expat Robert Stigwood, the annual Robert Stigwood Fellowship Program is run through the Music Development Office. Mr Stigwood moved from his hometown Adelaide to England in 1955. An impresario and entrepreneur, he was one of the most successful figures in the entertainment world in the 1960s and 70s, managing iconic groups the Bee Gees and Cream, theatrical productions Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar and films including Saturday Night Fever.
2017 Robert Stigwood Fellows
2016 Robert Stigwood Fellows
2015 Robert Stigwood Fellows
2014 Robert Stigwood Fellows
2019 FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS
Places are offered annually. Applications for 2019 fellowships close in June 2019, deadline TBA.
Grant Amounts: To be discussed
Closing Date: TBA in Jun 2019
Commencement Date: 01 Aug 2019
For further information, contact email@example.com.