Funding for Contemporary Music in South Australia is facilitated by the Music Development Office, and delivered through the Dept for Innovation & Skills.
Contemporary music funding for organisations supports programs and activities that provide accessible development pathways for South Australian professional artists and industry representatives. For details, contact Laura Vozzo, Manager, Creative Industries. firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details in the HANDBOOK.
Apply via the portal >>
Funding is made available to:
- Strengthen the South Australian contemporary music sector through long-term strategies that build on its national and international reputation and that are acknowledged with pride at home.
- Support emerging professional and professional South Australia-based artists to create quality original music and live performance opportunities locally, nationally and internationally.
- Assist in the development and sustainability of South Australia-based, nationally focused music businesses that support local artist career development.
The Contemporary Music Grant program (Projects) is divided into two areas of focus: Artist Development and Industry Development:
- Artist Development Grants provide funding for artist and audience development and the creation of original South Australian music.
- Industry Development Grants aim to support local music businesses to establish and strengthen sustainable partnerships and collaborative projects that support and develop the careers of professional musicians and contribute to a buoyant SA music sector.
If you are interested in applying for a new grant through the Contemporary Music Grant Program (Projects), in the first instance please read the FAQs for the program, then download the essential HANDBOOK for the round.
NEXT ROUNDS 2019-20:
Round opens: Monday 4 November 2019
Application deadline: Monday 9 December 2019
Projects can start from: 01 March 2020
Categories: Recording, Touring, Marketing, Skills & Development, Festivals & Events, Jon Lemon Artist in Residence
Information Session: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 5.30pm SHARP @ Grace Emily Hotel (232 Waymouth St, Adelaide). Eventbrite RSVPs open 4 November.
Round opens: TBA MARCH 2020
Application deadline: TBA APRIL 2020
Projects can start from: 01 July 2020
Categories: Recording, Touring, Marketing, Skills & Development, Festivals & Events, Strategic Partnerships, and Jon Lemon Artist in Residence (TBC)
Elizabeth Reid, Program Manager, Music Development Office: 08 7320 3307, email@example.com.